Come on a journey outside of time.
Come to the places where miracles occurred, where the Apostles walked, where the Theotokos was laid to rest. See where Christ prayed, suffered, died . . . and rose again.
Come to the Holy Land.
Holy Land pilgrimage | March 5-14, 2014
Bethlehem, Nazareth, Galilee, Jerusalem … More than just names in the Bible., these are the places where Christ was born, lived, taught, died and rose again. This is where the Christian Church was founded, and these shrines have attracted pilgrims since the first century. You are invited for this special pilgrimage to experience the Holy Land as never before. Join us for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
• Destinations include: Bethlehem, Tiberias, Capernaum, Cana, Nazareth, Jerusalem and more
• Visit the Church of the Nativity and touch the spot where Christ was born
• Take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee and experience a spiritual baptism in the River Jordan
• Take the cable car up to the Mount of Temptation Monastery and see the rock by which Christ prayed
• Enjoy a private audience with Patriarch Theophilos III (subject to his availability)
• See where miracles occured: Cana of Galilee, where water was turned into wine; the Church of Tabgha, where Christ multiplied the fishes and loaves; Nain, where Christ raised the widow’s son, and many more
• Visit Mount Tabor, the Church of the Annunciation, the Pools of Bethesda, the Tree of Zacchaeus, the Tomb of the Virgin Mary, the Prison of Christ (Praitorion) and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and many other sacred sites
• Attend a midnight liturgy at the Holy Sepulcher
The Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the Church of the Nativity, the monasteries of the Holy Cross and St. Gerasimos Iordanitis: These shrines and holy places have stood for centuries and have been visited and venerated by millions of Christians, but they suffer now from neglect and disrepair. Our generation has been given the precious gift — but also the responsibility — of preserving them in spite of the tumult and upheaval of the world around them.
Just as natural elements and the world’s changing politics have had a detrimental effect on these sacred shrines, likewise we have seen the world’s corrosive culture influence the Christian faith in America and around the world. Can we reverse the disastrous effect of godless teachings and bequeath future generations the faith of our Fathers? We believe we can, with your help.
Join Fr. Christopher to see the places where the Christian Church was founded and continues to inspire the world. Ask yourself what will the fate of the Church be in the next generation for my children and grandchildren? The Orthodox Christian Network has been reaching Orthodox faithful and non-Orthodox seekers around the world, but we need to do more. We live in challenging times, but with the Orthodox Christian faith, we can move mountains and inspire the generations to come with a
living and vibrant Church.
For more information visit the Orthodox Christian Network