The Gospel of Matthew
Session14 – 12/15/2013
Rev. Christopher T. Metropulos
- Final example of righteous practices- focus on fasting
- No gloominess- well groomed
- Do not cover your face so as to be seen by men that you are fasting
- Anointing and washing
- Put things into priority
This allows the fasting to be seen in Heaven by our heavenly Father.
- Trust in God, not Wealth
- Do not build up treasures only on earth where moth and rust make riches disappear
- Lamp of the body is the eyes
- Sound, healthy, sincere, single hearted
- Evil eyes is the opposite
- Serving two master- problem for everyone
- Mammon- getting it, preserving it, multiplying it
- Put your life into perspective
- Worry about body
- Worry about life
Issues of the day: health, clothing, shoes, suits, dresses, etc.
Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of those lilies of the field.