The Odyssey Scholarship
The Odyssey Scholarship is a program in which a select group of young people who are active participants within the church as well as the Hellenic Dance Festival (HDF) program, who are granted scholarships which provide an opportunity to perform in Greece and participate in workshops while traveling throughout the country.
The objectives of the HDF Odyssey Scholarship program is as follows:
- To develop an awareness and appreciation for our Hellenic and Orthodox culture and tradition.
- To inspire our young people to embrace the concept that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
- To establish the principles of this Diakonia utilizing the same spirit of Hellenism used during the original Olympic games.
- To be led by the comments of St. Paul in Romans 12:10 and the pursuit of excellence in God’s gifts to all.
- To give the dancers the opportunity to perform in Greece and participate in workshops while traveling through the country.
- To give deserving Hellenic Dancers the opportunity to experience traditional Greek folk dance in it’s natural setting: the Greek villages and islands.
- To help instill in these dancers the importance of our traditional Hellenic heritage and Orthodox Faith.
Our community is proud and blessed by Caitlin Hogan, Katie Merkel, Arielle Louvaris, Tony Foskolos, Lana Metropulos, and Victoria Angelakos who were chosen from our family and awarded this opportunity and life changing experience.