We thank the 383 Stewards who have pledged for 2014.
Giving Opportunities at St Demetrios
The Clergy and Parish Council offer several giving opportunities to everyone contemplating involvement and donations to St Demetrios Church.
- Stewardship Commitment of Time, Talent and Treasure-If you are a member of our Church , reach out and bring in one new family or reactivate a family you know by asking them to join you at Church.
- Iconography Project-9 Medallions and 1 Standing Saint, 3 Murals of Miracles, 2 dome icons, Glass Railing on balcony, Glass doors to narthex are still available to be dedicated to a loved one.
- Land Purchase of property to the South of the Church-half of the funds have been raised for this long awaited accomplishment.
- Church Roof Renovation-Raising funds to complete the roof and then renovate the interior of the Church damaged by water over the years.Please speak to Fr. Chris or Fr. John , as well as any member of the Parish Council about these giving opportunities. We are grateful to all for the assistance and support given to our blessed Church and call all to mind and prayer during our Feast Day Celebration.
- Endowment Program Individuals, families, businesses or corporations may give to the Endowment fund and designate these funds to be utilized within the church.. This giving can be done during your lifetime or designated in your will.
Mark your calendars General Assembly on December 14, 2014
The Fall GENERAL ASSEMBLY meeting Sunday, December 14 immediately following the Divine Liturgy.
We would like to remind you, if you desire to participate in the discussion and voting at this Assembly, that your Stewardship obligation to the Church for the year 2014 must be current through October 31, 2014.
We, along with all members of the Parish Council, look forward to this meeting with great hope and expectation.
May our Lord keep you and yours in His loving care!
The Cancer Chapter invites you to join forces in the war against cancer by participating in our “Cancer Fighting Sunday” fundraising event on Dec 7th.
The event will include a bake sale with delicious home made items, a Christmas Boutique where you can purchase lovely holiday items and a delicious pita & salad lunch. Please joins us for any or all of these events. You can also purchase raffle tickets for a beautiful Holiday Gift basket. Your contributions will go toward funding important research in the fight against cancer at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. If you are interested in volunteering and/or donating baked goods please see any member of the Cancer Chapter during the coffee hour.
Tickets have been mailed to our parishioners. If you need more tickets, a table is set up every Sunday from now until the festival., you may turn in your tickets stubs and pick up more tickets to sell. Ticket price is $25.00 and our goal is to sell 5000 to win a new 2014 Mercedes Benz CLA-250.
Fr. Chris, Fr. John and the Visiting Angels visit those who are in the hospital and those who are home bound. If you or a loved one would like a visit from Fr. Chris or Fr. John or companionship from the Visiting Angels, please call the office at (954) 467-1515.
Christmas Pageant News
The Sunday School presents the Christmas Pageant on Sunday, December 14th immediately following the Divine Liturgy. Play practice is on Sunday, Dec. 7 at 12pm in the church.
GOYA Christmas Caroling
Christmas is just right around the corner and the GOYANs are getting ready once again to come to your homes and sing Christmas carols. You can please fill out a caroling request form that can be found at the south narthex.
Dec. 7- Boca and North Broward, Dec. 10- East Broward, Dec. 11- South Broward
Women’s Bible Study
Please join us today as we discuss the scripture
Matthew 26:28 “This is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins”
Brown Bag Food Drive
Thank you from the Daughters of Penelope. Their annual food drive benefits the Co-operative Food Bank of Broward County. Thank you for feeding a family in need.
St. Demetrios New Years Cruise!
Book your cabin today with Stephen Solos 954-290-0549 for a one week cruise aboard the MSC Divina. Set to sail Dec. 27 with stops in St. Maarten, San Juan and Gr. Stirrup Key and back Jan. 3.
Ground Zero New Years Eve Dinner Dance
sponsored by the AHEPA Family to benefit the St.Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church Rebuilding Project at Ground Zero. In the St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church Hall , December 31st 2014 at 9pm. $50.00 per person. Children 12 and under $35.00. For reservations please contact Chris Kapakos at 954-709-9651 or 954-463-6500
The Order of AHEPA would like to announcea $1000.00 scholarship was awarded to Kyriakos Tomadakis as our 2014 Jordan (Danny) Joanides Scholarship recipient.
Save the Date
December 12 White Dream… a Holiday Celebration
December 27New Year’s Eve Cruise aboard the MSC Divina
February 6-8 Fort Lauderdale Greek Festival
2015Grand Raffle 1st Prize 2015 Mercedez Benz CLA250
March 2015 Anchors Away.. Gala Event