We thank the 308 stewards who have pledged for 2014.
The Spring GENERAL ASSEMBLY meeting is Sunday, June 8 in the Community Center,immediately following the Divine Liturgy.
We would like to remind you, if you desire to participate in the discussion and voting at this Assembly, that your Stewardship obligation to the Church for year 2014 must be current through May 31, 2014.
We, along with all members of the Parish Council, look forward to this meeting with great hope and expectation.
May our Lord keep you and yours in His loving care!
In His Service,
Summertime Blood Drive
Sunday, June 15 from 8am to 1pm. Share your power and save a life today! . All donors will receive a T-shirt and a wellness checkup including blood pressure, temperature, iron count and Cholesterol screening!
Pan Orthodox Clergy Brotherhood of South Florida
On June 28th, La Iglesia Ortodoxa de los Santos Apóstoles in Miami Lakes will be hosting a Spanish-language retreat at the Orthodox Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, in anticipation of the celebrations of Ss. Peter and Paul, and the Synaxis of the Holy Apostles.
Guest speakers will be Frs. Aristidis Arizi and Ernesto Ríos.
Please find attached Iglesia flyer for the event, and announce it to your parishioners; it’s a wonderful opportunity for Spanish speakers to experience (and share with others!) the Orthodox and Apostolic witness of Christ in their language!
All area clergy have the blessing of His Eminence, Archbishop Nikon, to concelebrate, provided they also have their own bishops’ blessing. The liturgy will be primarily in Spanish.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Fr. David Wooten at 954-937-6316.
Holy Metropolis of Atlanta
The Holy Metropolis of Atlanta is implementing a 6-Step Strategic Planning process to systematically guide our Metropolis in the future. Please see attached strategic planning parish letterhead from Metropolitan Alexios.
Three Hierarchs Scholarship (THS) Award:
Application forms for the THS awards of Drs. Anthony and Joyce Kales are available in the Church office. These scholarships are awarded strictly on the basis of meritorious academic achievement for college bound seniors. The academic guidelines for consideration include:
- placement in the top 10% of one’s class
- membership in the National Honor Society
- a combined SAT Verbal and Math score of 1280 or greater (1300 or greater if the high school does not have a ranking system or membership in the National Honors Society).
- Deadline for submission of application is June 15.
Philoptochos Brown Bag Drive
The Philoptochos want to thank all those who contributed to the BROWN BAG food drive. Thank you for feeding a family in need.
Now Accepting Applications!!
- The Education, Youth and Cultural Committee is now accepting applications for the various ministries for the 2014-2015 calendar year. Please consider sharing your talents with our church family. You may mail the Volunteer Application Form to the church or fax it to us at 954-467-0212. You may also signup online!
Father Chris and Fr. John and the Committee are looking forward to another year of vibrant programs for our Parishioners. You may pick up a form in the south Narthex.
- The Education, Youth and Culture Committee (EYCC) of Saint Demetrios invites applications for vacancies in the Language and Culture Program. These positions are (1) Program Director and (2) Teachers of the Greek language. Additional information regarding this ministry may be found on line at http://tinyurl.com/mtcn2rf and volunteer applications at: http://stdemetrios.org/our-parish/educational-programs/eycc-volunteer-application/ Please call Kiki Sergiou at 954-467-1515 to set up an appointment to meet with Fr. Chris.
Save the Date for the New Year!!
St. Demetrios, with the help of Stephen Solos, is co-ordinating a one week cruise aboard the MSC Divina . Set to sail Dec. 27 with stops in St. Marten, San Juan and Gr. Stirrup Key and back Jan. 3.
A fully refundable deposit of $100. per person is due upon booking with final payment due Oct. 3. For details please see our website.